ASREN perfSONAR Workshop
Dates: 15 - 18 April 2019
Location: Rabat, Morocco
The Arab States Research and Education Network (ASREN), International Networks at Indiana University (IN@IU) and the Moroccan Academic and Research Wide Area Network (MARWAN) invite you to register for their upcoming perfSONAR training workshop to be held in Rabat, Morocco, 15-18, April 2019.
What is perfSONAR?
perfSONAR is a network measurement toolkit designed to provide federated coverage of paths, and help to establish end-to-end usage expectations. There are 1000s of perfSONAR instances deployed world wide, many of which are available for open testing of key measures of network performance. This global infrastructure helps to identify and isolate problems as they happen, making the role of supporting network users easier for engineering teams, and increasing productivity when utilizing network resources.
This is a hands-on, perfSONAR focused workshop for the purpose of creating a pSConfig dashboard for use by ASREN and their member institutions. An understanding of network or system administration is required. During the course of the workshop we will:
- Assemble NUC7i3BNH small nodes for use in the workshop
- Install the perfSONAR Toolkit on the small nodes
- Test the nodes against one another on the local network
- Prepare nodes for deployment at each participant’s home institution for use in a wider ASREN production monitoring dashboard
The skills learned during this course are intended to prepare workshop participants to plan and deploy their own perfSONAR meshes at their home institution or National Research and Education (NREN).
Network and/or Systems Engineers with a desire to better monitor and understand network measurements.
No previous knowledge of perfSONAR is required, however, the following proficiencies would be of great benefit:
- Knowledge of linux command line environment (CentOS 7 will be used in the workshop)
- Basic knowledge of network setup on servers
It is advised that interested participants to visit the perfSONAR website www.perfsonar.net
By the close of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Have a decent knowledge of the perfSONAR toolkit and testing methodology
- Install and deploy perfSONAR on their own
- Understand the pSConfig package used for creating pS meshes for persistent testing over time
- Scott Chevalier, email@example.com
- Antoine Delvaux, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doug Southworth, email@example.com
Registration Fees: 200 EURO