About the Workshop
Clouds for Research and Education Workshop
Organized by Arab States Research and Education Network
In cooperation with
- EUMEDCONNECT3 Project, UK
- GARR Consortium, Italy
- IT Synergy, Egypt
- CHAIN-REDS Project, Italy
Date: 24-26 June 2014
Venue: GARR premises, Via dei Tizii, 6, 00185, Rome, Italy
About the Workshop
If you are taking this workshop, you probably are interested in better understanding how Cloud Computing may benefit your business, or you may be considering embarking on a career as Cloud Specialist.
Cloud Computing is a new field that interests both managers and IT professionals. The first will look for opportunities that may improve their ability to carry on and focus on their business, possibly with a lower investment and better scalability, compared to legacy solutions. They will basically look for the revolution in the front office or the business aspect of cloud computing; the latter will be more interested in the technical revolution of cloud computing, or the revolution in the back office, in the corporate datacenter or by using public cloud infrastructure.
This workshop will satisfy the need of both by providing all the business information about cloud computing and the cloud technical essentials that are the starting point for the professional cloud level and certifications.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, students will have all the necessary information required to improve their business by using Cloud Computing and will also be able to apply to the internationally recognized CCC Cloud Associate certification.
- Identify and explore the latest business and technology trends in Cloud Computing
- Understand the difference between Proprietary and Open Standard based Cloud Solution
- Understand the importance of Open Standards and Interoperability Assess the potential of Open Source applied to Cloud Computing and explore its Business Model
- Deep Dive into Cloud Computing through labs and practical experience
This workshop is designed for managers and professionals that need to understand the business potential of Cloud Computing and its underlying technology to be able to assess its impact into their companies and businesses. The workshop is appropriate for those wishing to develop professionally, increase their cloud knowledge and skills, apply a formalized and standards-based approach to Cloud Architecture and Administration, and seek career advancement by moving into a formal Cloud project manager job role, as well as to those interested in a Cloud Career path wishing to apply for advanced Cloud Professional certifications.
Basic computing skills and good familiarity with the Internet are the only requirements for this workshop. No specific technical background is required for the Cloud Associate level.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Cloud Five Characteristics, Three Service Models, Four Deployment Models
- IT Roles in the Cloud
- Cloud Industry Standard
- Opencloud Cloud Architectures
- Cloud Delivery Models IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Cloud Security best practices
- Cloud Storage and Networking
- Cloud SLA
Attendees should bring a laptop.