e-AGE18 helps foster development of R&E networks in the Arab World and beyond by showing how e-Infrastructures are used to facilitate high-quality education and research collaborations on a larger scale. The main event will be held as 2-day gathering in English and will be organized jointly between the Arab, European, African and the American regions. The structure, activities and formats of e-AGE18 are as follows:
Panel and roundtable discussions
Industry and technology briefings and discussions
Consultation meetings, focus groups, and roundtables
Best practice showcases and practical demonstrations
Exhibition, posters and demonstrations
- Scientific computing and data-intensive e-Science in areas related to energy, environment, health, climate, water, agriculture, biology, economy, medicine, as well as in social sciences and humanities.
- Perspectives on NRENs, including challenges, operation, sustainability, funding, governance, business models, security and services.
- Problem-solving environments, Virtual Research Environments, Science Gateways and collaborative tools, applications and services.
- Education and e-Learning Technologies, access to educational resources, repositories, libraries and contents, clouds, grids, parallel and distributed computing, and high performance computing.
- Internet technologies and trends, Internet of Things, Security, SDN and AAIs.