e-AGE 2016 will continue to help foster development of R&E networks in the Arab World and beyond by showing how e-Infrastructures can be used to facilitate high-quality education and research collaborations on a larger scale. The main event will be held as 2-day gathering in English and will be organized jointly between the Arab, European, African and the American regions. The structure, activities and formats of e-AGE 2016 will be as follows:
- Panel and roundtable discussions
- Presentation sessions
- Paper presentations
- Industry and technology briefings and discussions
- Consultation meetings, focus groups, and roundtables
- Best practice showcases and practical demonstrations
- Exhibition, posters and demonstrations
- Scientific computing and data-intensive e-Science in the scientific areas related to energy, environment, health, climate, water, agriculture, biology, economy, medicine, as well as in social sciences and humanities.
- Perspectives on NRENs, including challenges, operation, sustainability, funding, governance, business models, security and services.
- Problem-solving environments and access to research and education resources, repositories, libraries and contents, clouds, grids, parallel and distributed computing, and high performance computing.
- Virtual Research Environments, Internet of Things, Science Gateways, Federation of Identities, AAI services.
- Visualization and Virtual Reality