November 2020 - March 2021
This virtual will cover the concepts and practical implementations of Identity, authentication and authorisation using a federated approach, in addition to eduGAIN policies and tools. The course will consist of multiple online Instructor led sessions and will be followed by 1 week face-to-face workshop.
The course targets the application and systems engineers from National Research and Education networks (RENs) in the Arab region.
- Linux system administration experience.
- Familiar with managing web servers and digital certificates.
Course Goals and Deliverables
To form a nucleus of an Identity Federation at each country.
- Prepare the NRENs’ Technical Teams to assume the role of the federation operator.
- Train the trainers who will be helping with Identity federation related setup at the universities and research institutions in their countries.
- GÉANT Trust and Identity Services
- Introduction to Federated Identity Management
- Introduction to eduGAIN
- Linux refresher
- Identity Federation key components
- Hands-on IdP, SP, OpenLDAP , Discovery Service
- eduGAIN policies
- Metadata Registration Practice Statement
- Best Current Practice
- Hands-on Metadata aggregation/management with Pyff
- Hands-on Registry federation Jagger
- How to support your community
- eduGAIN tools