November 2020 - March 2021
The objectives of this workshop is to provide new Federation Operators with information and knowledge on how to build and deploy a national federation and join eduGAIN.
This virtual training covers the concepts and practical implementations of Identity, authentication and authorisation using a federated approach, in addition to eduGAIN policies and tools. The course consists of multiple online Instructor led sessions and followed by 1 week face-to-face workshop.
The course targets the application and systems engineers from National Research and Education networks (RENs) in the Arab region.
- Linux system administration experience.
- Familiar with managing web servers and digital certificates.
Duration of the Training
- 5 months from November 2020 to March 2020
- + 1 week face-to-face workshop (dates will be defined afterward)
Course Goals and Deliverables
To form a nucleus of an Identity Federation at each country.
- Prepare the NRENs’ Technical Teams to assume the role of the federation operator.
- Train the trainers who will be helping with Identity federation related setup at the universities and research institutions in their countries.
- Anass Chabli (RENATER)
- Mario Reale (GEANT)
- Maher Kassab (AUB)
- Dariusz Janny (PCSS)
- marco malavolti (GARR)
- Valentin Pocotilenco (RENAM)
- Saadallah Itani (AUB)
- GÉANT Trust and Identity Services
- Introduction to Federated Identity Management
- Introduction to eduGAIN
- Linux refresher
- Identity Federation key components
- Hands-on IdP, SP, OpenLDAP , Discovery Service
- eduGAIN policies
- Metadata Registration Practice Statement
- Best Current Practice
- Hands-on Metadata aggregation/management with Pyff
- Hands-on Registry federation Jagger
- How to support your community
- eduGAIN tools