With the support of AfricaConnect3, the Arab states Research and education Networks (ASREN) and the African Group on Earth Observation (AfriGEO) are coordinating a virtual workshop to provide insight on potential collaboration between African Regional Research and Education Networks (RRENs) and AfriGEO member institutions.
Representing sister African RRENs (UbuntuNet Alliance and WACREN), ASREN will cooperate with AfriGEO to achieve the following objectives:
- Provide AfriGEO with insight on research and education networks and their role in supporting the developments of research and education.
- Assess the GEO and AfriGEO community needs and demands in terms of connectivity, access to resources, computing and storage etc.
- Present the services provided by research and education networks to support the collaboration between research and education communities, like eduroam and eduGAIN.
- Present the AfricaConnect3 project with a focus on supporting and engaging with research and education communities especially AfriGEO.
- Discuss collaboration opportunities.
- Prepare the AfriGEO community to the survey on the status of connectivity and services provided by NRENs and the actual needs and demands for connectivity, services and capacities.
For more details and registration please visit: http://asrenorg.net/?q=content/virtual-workshop-collaboration-between-afrigeo-africaconnect3