Diana Sayej Naser
1983: Master of Library and Information Science (MLS) / Indiana University- Indiana- U.S.A.
1976-1980: Bachelor of Arts, Major: English Language and Teaching Diploma / Birzeit University- Birzeit- Palestine.
1975: High School Certificate ( Tawjihi ) / St. Joseph School- Jerusalem- Palestine
1998- : Library Director – Birzeit University Main Library
1995-1998 : Head Librarian – To establish the Law Institute Library – BZU
1983-1995 : Head of Cataloging Department – BZU Main Library
1980-1982 : Assistant/ Cataloging Department – BZU Main Library
1975-1976 : School Teacher / St. Joseph School – Jerusalem – Palestine
1980-1997 : Teaching Library Skills Course to Freshman Students, BZU
1990-1997 : Head of Administrative Board , Voluntarily / Birzeit Public Library /
and a member of the Board of Trustees.
I have written several papers; few are published, others not. (Details upon request)
TRAINING COURSES, WORKSHOPS, CONFERENCES, CONSULTANCY AND COMMUNITY WORLK… etc.
- Attended several professional training courses, conferences, seminars, and workshops related to librarianship and technology. (Details upon request)
- Consultancy and Community work.
- Proposal writings in relation to the profession.
MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND COMMITTEES
- INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF LIBRARY ASSOCIATIONS “ IFLA “ member, 1990-
- ASSOCIATION OF COLLEGE AND RESEARCH LIBRARIES “ACRL” , member, 1999-
- AMERICAN LIBRARY ASSOCIATION “ALA” member, 1999-
- PALESTINIAN LIBRARY AND INFORMATION ASSOCIATION “ PLIA “ , MEMBER of the Administrative Board, 1995- and Vice President of PLIA 1997-2000.
- TRAINING COMMITTEE – PLIA : HEAD 1995-1998.
- ARAB FEDERATION FOR LIBRARIES & INFORMATION “ AFLI “ , 1996- MEMBER and a COORDINATOR for Palestine from 1996-1998.
- Palestinian Library and Information Consortium “PALICO”/ Coordinator since June 2005
- ACADEMIC LIBRARIES COMMITTEE – Ministry of Higher Education – Member, 1998-
- Evaluating a Library Program/ Quality Assurance/ Ministry of Higher Education, 2013.
- NATIONAL LIBRARY COMMITTEE, Ministry of Culture / Member, 1996.
- COMMITTEE on CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT / Library Programs, Ministry of Education / Member , 1996 .
- COMMITTEE ON STUDYING THE NEEDS FOR A LIBRARY SCHOOL OR A LIBRARY PROGRAM IN PALESTINE . A joint project between the British Council and the Ministry of Higher Education / Member, 1999-2001.
- THE VIRTUAL LIBRARY PROJECT. A joint project among the EU, The UNESCO and the Center of the Book in Arles-France / Coordinator, 2002-2004.
- MEMBER OF THE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE / International Conference on libraries from a human rights perspective " This conference –organized by RCHRS (Ramallah Center For Human Rights Studies) in cooperation with IFLA" , from 31-3-2008 till 2-4-2008.
- MEMBER ON THE ROMOR-ERASMUS COMMITTEE- Birzeit University TO ESTABLISH INSTITUTIONAL REPOSITORIES IN 4 PALESTINIAN UNIVERSITIES FROM 2017-2019.
SERVING ON INTERNATIONAL ADVISORY BOARDS:
- Serve as a member on eifl Advisory Board for the period from 2008-2010 AND 2014-2016.
- Serve as a member on LAP (Librarians and Archivists with Palestine) Advisory Board starting June 2014-
- Serve as a consultant to the Academic Libraries Committee in Morocco upon their Chair request Dr. Kuseibi since June 2014.
- Serve as Country Coordinator to Eifl “ Electronic Information For Libraries “ since June 2005.
- I was awarded a fabulous prize through eIFL (Electronic Information for Libraries) for suggesting the best title and plan for the Online course: "Copyright Laws for Librarians: a Distance Learning Course" This was announced in the eIFL Newsletter of January-February 2008.
- UNESCO Award for the success story of BZU using open source system to run old computers. This was announced by eIFL in June 2008.
- 2nd winner to the title Library leader in 2017 as announced by the Library Experts Team in April 2017.