What is e-AGE?
Integrating Arab e-infrastructure in a Global Environment, e-AGE, is an annual international conference organized by the Arab States Research and Education Network, ASREN. Since the launch of ASREN in December 2010 at the League of Arab States, it was decided to organize e-AGE every year in one of the Arab countries. e-AGE is in line with ASREN’s major objectives that are related to dissemination and awareness, promotion of research collaboration and joint activities, and establishment of research networks in the Arab region and worldwide.
e-AGE is a launching pad for Research and Education connectivity and cooperation. It brings together ASREN, EUMEDCONNECT, AfricaConnect, GÉANT, AfREN and INTERNET2 stakeholders and the region’s foremost innovators, leaders, scientists, and businesses to discuss and debate new models of innovation, integration of research and education networks, policies for sustainable development in education, means of knowledge sharing and dissemination, capacity building programs, and region-wide e- infrastructure deployment to tackle today’s crises in climate change, global economy, food, water scarcity, alternative energy, and environmental issues.
- Announce achievements and present future planning and activities in the research and education arena
- Bring to the attention of politicians and decision makers the importance of e-Infrastructures in order to support research and education communities in the Arab world and beyond
- Present case studies and showcase examples of collaborative research using e-Infrastructure resources and facilities
- Support a sustainable pan-Arab research and education network with links to the European GÉANT backbone, the North American Internet2 network and other regional networks around the world
- Attract foundations and international donors to support the development of ASREN and regional research e-Infrastructure
- Strengthen the private sector involvement in developing research and supporting innovation
- Review in-depth existing e-infrastructure, connectivity, and services and explore opportunities for linkage to Arab and global N/R RENs
Annual Euro-Mediterranean event
EUMEDCONNECT Project Meeting
AfricaConnect Project Meeting
Internet2 Middle East SIG Meeting
EUMEDGRID Support Meeting
CHAIN and CHAIN-REDS Project meetings and workshops
AROQA Conferences and workshops
Technical workshops dedicated to NREN staff