The e-AGE platform is becoming to be one the most important venue for networking among experts and scientists from all over the world. In e-AGE 2016, we will focus on Connecting Arabs as the main theme of the event. ASREN started concrete steps towards connecting Arabs by launching its first PoP in London Telicity and working with its partners on new PoPs in UAE, Egypt and the western part of the Arab Region. ASREN is also supporting the development of NRENs in Many Arab Countries.
We will give special attention and more focus on users and how this e-Infrastructure can support the needs of the users in terms of services and applications. More sessions will be dedicated to the users to present their research and education activities and then to identify how can these users be better served by NRENs.
Following on the success of e-AGE in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, e-AGE 2016 will include several events, workshops, and meetingscentered around the following themes
- The 9th Event on Euro-Mediterranean e-Infrastructure
- The 6th annual meeting of ASREN, (by invitation only)
- AROQA 8th Annual Conference
- OSSCOM 2nd Annual Conference, OSSCOM 2016
- EUMEDCONNECT3 and Africaconenct2 Project Meetings, (by invitation only)
- AfricaConenct2 Coordinators Meeting, (by invitation only)
- Internet2 SIG Middle East Meeting, (by invitation only)
- Workshop on Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT), 29-30 November 2016
- Workshop on Identity Federation Infrastructure, 3-4 December 2016
Moreover special sessions will be dedicated to specific domains, mainly focusing on experiences in connectivity and e-Infrastructure, applications and services in variety of scientific domains, and case studies with impact indicators and measures. It is also important to show how research infrastructure created benefits to communities and collaboration. It is still critical to show how research connectivity can promote collaboration and innovation. Different discussions will be stimulated during e-AGE to drive outcomes and concrete results on practical steps towards developing a regional e-Infrastructure.
English will be the event language; the opening ceremony will be in Arabic and English.