Bio: HE Prof. Mahmoud Abu Mouis, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Palestine
• FFDRCSI in Oral Surgery & Oral Medicine (1987)
• MSc in Oral Surgery – University of London (1984)
• B.D.S. Faculty of Dentistry – Cairo University (1976)
• Jordanian Board in Maxillofacial surgery.
• Palestinian Board in Maxillofacial Surgery.
• Minister of Higher Education & Scientific Research – Palestine (2019 – till present)
• President of Arab American University (2013-2015).
• Dean of post graduate studies – Arab American University (2009-2011)
• Founder Dean of Dentistry – Arab American University2000-2009
• Former Acting Dean of Dentistry – University of Science & Technology – Jordan (Oct. 1991-1993)
• Former Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry - Al-Quds University – Palestine
• First head of Palestinian oral and maxillofacial surgeons' association.
• First Head of Oral and Maxillofacial group Specialists – Dental Association – Jordan
• Head of Scientific Committee of Jordanian Dental Association , (May 1992 “For two years”)
• member of board Trustee of international medical education trust2000 (IMET200) London.
• Former Member of the board of Trustees of Petra University – Jordan
• Member of consultant committee of the president of AAUJ 2016.
• Member of academic quality level of AAUJ 2016
• Elected vice Mayer of municipality of Jenin city – Palestine 2017.
• Head of Basic medical unit (AAUJ) 2017-2019.
• Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Consultant (Kuwait, Jordan Palestine)
• Member of high education council (Palestine)
• Consultant Founder of Faculty of Dentistry -Ajman University – United Arab Emirates
• Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Consultant – Princess Basma Hospital (Teaching Hospital) – Ministry of Health – Irbid – Jordan (1990-1993)
• A member of Kuwait Dental Research Division (1990)
• A lecturer in the final FRCS (Glasgow) course held at the Faculty of Medicine – Kuwait University (1986-1987)
• Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Specialist – (Oct 1985 – August 1990) at the Dental Department Mubarak Al-Kabeer Hospital (Teaching Hospital) – Ministry of Health – Kuwait.
• Former General Manager of A-Razi Hospital – Jenin (Palestine)
• Member of Administrative board of Al- Amal Hospital – Jenin.
• Former Member of General Council of Palestinian Board.
• Member of scientific committee of oral & maxillofacial surgery (Palestinian board)
Clinical Experience: -
1. Private sector – Consultant oral & maxillofacial surgery / Palestine 2000 up to now .
2. Private practice- Consultant /Amman-Jordan 1994 until 2000 (Minor Oral Surgery, Major Maxillofacial Surgery, Implants).
3. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Consultant-Princess Basma Hospital (Teaching Hospital)-Ministry of Health-Irbid-Jordan (1990-1993).
4. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Specialist-(Oct. 1985-August 1990) at the Dental Department –Mubarak Al-Kabeer Hospital(Teaching Hospital)-Ministry of Health- Kuwait.
5. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Specialist –Dental Center –Amiri Hospital- Kuwait (May 1982-Oct. 1984).
6. Clinical Assistant- Estaman Dental Hospital –London University (Oct. 1984- Oct. 1985).
7. General Dental Practitioner in the polyclinics of Ministry of Health- Kuwait. (1976-1982).
Scientific Activities: -
Attending and/ or sharing on many conferences and courses, and supervision of master degrees.