Bio: HE Prof. Dr. Hussein Hazeb, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Republic of Yemen
- Academic qualifications: Bachelor's degree - Faculty of Commerce - Sana'a University.
- Specialization: Economics and Political Science.
Previous positions he held:
- Worked in the office of the Presidency of the Republic, Sana'a.
- Director of the Sub-Committee of the General People's Congress in Marib Governorate, before the unification and the establishment of branches.
- Director of the Education Office, Marib Governorate, June 96-November 2001 AD.
- Director of the Education Office in Taiz Governorate, November 2001-November 2004 AD.
- Director of the Education Office, Sana'a Governorate, November 2004-2008.
- Governor of Al-joof Governorate from November 16, 2008 to March 3, 2011.
Political and Social Activities:
- One of the participants in the establishment of the General People's Congress.
- Vice President of the General People's Congress branch in Jabal Morad District, 1996 AD.
- Director of the Conference Subcommittee in Marib Governorate, before the union and the establishment of branches.
- Head of the Conference Branch in Marib Governorate, member of the Standing Committee, 1990-1996.
- Candidate of the General People's Congress in the constituency (301) for the year 1993 AD.
- Member of the Standing Committee of the Fifth General Conference.
- Elected as a member of the General Committee at the Sixth General Conference.
- He was elected as a member of the General Committee for Marib Governorate in the Seventh General Conference and is still there.
- Head of the Educational Department in the General Secretariat, January 2006-November 2008.
- Participated in many organizational and political events and was an active member of the General Secretariat. He was assigned many organizational tasks at the central and governorate levels.
- He is a well-known and prominent social figure in Marib Governorate and has a prominent role in solving many social issues in and outside the governorate.
- Member of the National Comprehensive Dialogue Conference, Saada team.
- Member of the National Authority for Monitoring the Outcomes of the National Dialogue.
- Head of the Education Department of the General People's Congress.