The e-AGE platform has established itself as an important venue for networking among experts and scientists from all over the world. In e-AGE 2016, and in addition to our main focus on connectivity, we will pay more attention to users, applications, services and inclusion of stakeholders in research and education and related services to enable and to facilitate collaboration to encourage resources and knowledge sharing. We will facilitate discussion and more sessions, panels, meetings and workshops to present and exchange research and education experience and innovations. Access to resources, services and applications will be another area of focus during the conference. In short words, e-AGE 2016 is coming with “Ubiquity and Cohesiveness of e-Infrastructures” as the main theme of the conference and all activities will be centered on it.
Following on from the success of e-AGE in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, e-AGE 2016 will be held at the American University of Beirut (AUB), during 1-2 December, 2016.
e-AGE 2016 will include events, workshops and meetings centered around the following themes:
- The 9th Event on Euro-Mediterranean e-Infrastructure
- The 6th annual meeting of ASREN, (by invitation only)
- AROQA 8th Annual Conference
- OSSCOM 2nd Annual Conference, OSSCOM 2016
- EUMEDCONNECT3 and Africaconenct2 Project Meetings, (by invitation only)
- AfricaConenct2 Coordinators Meeting, (by invitation only)
- Internet2 SIG Middle East Meeting, (by invitation only)
- Workshop on Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT), 29-30 November 2016
- Workshop on Identity Federation Infrastructure, 3-4 December 2016
Moreover, special sessions will be dedicated to specific domains, mainly focusing on experiences in connectivity and e-Infrastructure, applications and services across a variety of scientific domains. It is also important to show how research infrastructure creates tangible benefits to communities and collaborations. It is still critical to demonstrate how research connectivity can promote collaboration and innovation. Different discussions will be stimulated during e-AGE to drive outcomes and concrete results on practical steps towards developing a regional e-Infrastructure.
English will be the event language; the opening ceremony will be in Arabic and English.